Get more 5-star reviews TODAY
Updated November 25th, 2021
We provide a wide range of products and services, which, together with our mobile application, website, and email services, are collectively referred to as our “Services” under this policy.
We may introduce new services from time to time, which, unless otherwise stated, shall be subject to this policy.
- How we collect and use your information
We may collect and store the following information when you use our Services: to improve the quality of our Services, personalize your experience with us, market our Services, track use of our Services, fulfill legal obligations, and provide feedback to the third-party businesses as listed within our Services. The information that we collect include;
Profile or Account Information: When you create an account or profile with us, we store the name, location, email address, and other profile details that you provide us. This information can be modified by you at any time you deem necessary by editing your profile or by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Public Information: The information that can be viewed by the public, such as reviews, comments, likes, books, lists, friends, and profile information set to public settings, is termed “Public Information” under this policy. We share this public information with third-party services, sites, and other businesses, and we display it through our Services.
Activity: We may collect and store information regarding your use of our Services, including your searches, the pages you visit, the time and date of your visit, and the nature of your activity on those pages, including the purchases and reservations made through our services.
Other information we may store and provide in relation to the use of our Services is listed as follows:
- Type of browser
- Device’s model
- Device Carrier
- Browser Language
- IP address
- Phone Number
- Unique Device Identifier
- Advertising Identifier
- Requested and Referred URLs
It is pertinent to note that you may disable some of the allowances for our Services by changing your device’s privacy settings.
You can choose to disable some of the cookies through your browser or device settings. However, disabling cookies may affect your experience while interacting with our Services.
Compliance, Security, and Authentication: The Cookies are also used to protect your information, prevent scams and fraud, and comply with legal obligations.
Preferences and Customizations: The use of these Cookies is intended for collecting and recording information that illustrates your preferences while using our Services. For instance, they tell us whether you have allowed us access to your location or not. Hence, it helps us customize your experience with our Services.
- Third-party Involvement
A third-party includes any business, entity, controller, processor, service providers, and person(s) who we authorize to process certain information described as under.
Aggregate Information: We might share aggregated user information with third parties. This information does not contain anything that makes you personally identifiable and is mainly used for studying the market.
Businesses Listed with Us: We may share specific information such as your gender and age, allowances for our Services, and device information. And your activity with third-party businesses listed with us.
Service Providers: We may use third-party services or support and rely on them to perform certain tasks for us in relation to your experience while interacting with our Services. These tasks may be related to network security, hosting and communication services, tracking, reporting, technical support, customer support, processing payments and subscriptions, conducting quality assurance testing, marketing our Services, and more. For these purposes, we may share information collected from you with these third-party services providers, who may share it with their subsidiaries, companies, or joint ventures under common control for these limited purposes.
Investigations: We may disclose or investigate the information collected from you in good faith if:
- We consider it necessary for purposes of legal compliance under any legal order or law enforcement instructions, which include but are not limited to: search warrants, subpoenas, statutory duties, judicial proceedings, or other legal processes served on us.
- We consider it necessary to identify, investigate, or prevent any legal omissions or wrongdoings related to our Services.
- We consider it necessary to protect our legal rights, market reputation, property (ies), or that of the public, or that of our partners, users, or affiliates.
We may also investigate or disclose information upon your complaint and share specific information related to that complaint with the contributor of that content for them to respond and aid in promptly resolving the matter.
Business Transfers: In the event that GlowLocal or GlowLocal LLC is acquired by any other entity, all such information shall be transferred to that entity, who shall possess and assume all obligations and rights in connection to the information described under this policy.
Signing Up with Social Media Accounts: If you sign up to our Services using your social media accounts such as Facebook or Twitter or link your account with us to your social media accounts, we may receive the information stored on those platforms to create your account with us. Hence, if you interact with these social media platforms using our Services, then they may collect your data such as, the IP address of your device, and use of that data shall be governed under their privacy policies.
Unaffiliated Third-Party Links: Our Services may use links to various unaffiliated third parties, but shall not share your personal data with them, and shall not be held responsible for their privacy-related concerns. We urge you to read the applicable privacy policies of any such third-party links.
- Account Termination and Data Retention
Once you terminate your account with us, we will delete your public content but may retain some of your personal information for legal compliance authorized by this policy unless prohibited under the relevant law.
We secure personal information provided to us by following generally established industry standards during the transfer and once we collect it. However, no mode of communication over the Internet or through a device or any technique of electronic storage is absolutely secure. As a result, while on our endeavor to secure your information using industrially accepted techniques, we cannot guarantee its complete security.
Our Services are catered towards a general audience and are not intended for children under the of thirteen (13). Please contact us at email@example.com if you believe we have stored the personal information from children under the set age without the consent of their parent or legal guardian. We shall remove any such information from our records and terminate the child’s account, detected either on your accord or on our own.
- Amendments to the policy
We will notify you in the event that we make material amendments to this policy before the effective date of the enforcement of such amendments. Our revised policy will always be available here. You agree to the revised policy by continuing to avail and interact with our services.
- Privacy Rights of California
We shall not share your information with third parties for marketing purposes without your permission. Moreover, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for any queries regarding this policy or to modify your preferences.
- Compliance to General Data Protection Regulation
- The General Data Protection Regulation (hereinafter referred to as “GDPR” or “Regulation”) imposes data protection and regulation obligations on our Services effective from November 25th, 2021.
- By the definition provided under the GDPR, our Services fall under to that of a “Processor” which is either an agency, natural or legal person, who processes information for the controller. Moreover, the term “processing information” under this Regulation refers to collecting, storing, using, manipulating, disclosing, disposing, and virtually dealing with personal data.
Hence, we process the data as authorized by the controller which is defined under GDPR as a public agency, legal or natural person, who either jointly or severally, determines how and why information or data is to be processed. The controller bears the principal responsibility for taking and managing consents and enabling the right to use and access such information. Hence, any information provider shall contact the data controller for revoking their consent.
- Effective from November 25th, 2021 we shall provide the customers with reasonable assistance and cooperation upon their request to perform Data Protection Impact Assessment in the manner laid down by the Regulation.
- We shall return and delete the Customer Data in the manner and extent laid down by the Regulation and the applicable law.
- The current Sub-processors that we engage with have expressly intended to be GDPR compliant effective from November 25th, 2021. It is pertinent to note, that the Customer, by availing or interacting with our Services, acknowledges and agrees that we engage and interact with Sub-processors and may add new Sub-processors from time to time.
- Any unlawful or accidental destruction or loss, unauthorized alteration or disclosure, or access to any parts of Customer data hereinafter collectively referred to as “Customer Data Incident” shall be notified to the Customer without any undue delay, after it comes to our awareness.
- We shall strive to identify the reason and cause behind any such Customer Data Incidents and take any necessary and reasonable steps to remedy the damage within our control. Please note that any incident or damage caused by the Customer or its users does not fall under the ambit of Customer Data Incident.
- We have no direct contact or relationship with the owners of the Personal Data that we store in the required entry fields. Every account holder is responsible for notifying customers and other third parties about the aim for which Personal Data is saved and how such Personal Data is to be processed.
- The information or Personal Data collected by us during signing up with our Services is used for billing and administrative purposes. However, in order to improve our functions and overall experience, we may use this data in aggregated or anonymous form to analyze, understand, and track the usage and type of interactions with our Services.
- We have made available a DPO service in the manner provided under Article 37 of the Regulation to deal with data inquiries regarding consent, data protection, right to be forgotten, and other rights related to it. Kindly contact us at email@example.com for any such issues.